PALS Instructor Led
PALS Renewal (Instructor led)
Instructor-Led Training: An in-classroom Instructor-Led course taking approximately 15 hours over 2 days. A PALS Provider Manual and a precourse self-assessment are required. Recommended for healthcare professionals needing PALS training, especially those taking PALS for the first time.
2015 American Heart Association Guidelines Update for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care. This course uses a series of videos and simulated pediatric emergencies to reinforce the important concepts of a systematic approach to pediatric assessment, basic life support, PALS treatment algorithms, effective resuscitation, and team dynamics. The goal of the PALS course is to improve the quality of care provided to seriously ill or injured children, resulting in improved outcomes.
The PALS course is intended for healthcare providers who respond to emergencies in infants and children, including personnel in emergency response, emergency medicine, intensive care, and critical care units, such as physicians, nurses, paramedics, respiratory therapists, pharmacists, and others who need a PALS course completion card for their job or other requirements.
After successfully completing the PALS Course, students should be able to:
• Perform high-quality Child CPR with AED and Infant CPR per AHA BLS recommendations
• Differentiate between patients who do and do not require immediate intervention
• Recognize cardiopulmonary arrest early and begin CPR within 10 seconds
• Apply team dynamics
• Differentiate between respiratory distress and failure and perform early interventions
• Differentiate between compensated and decompensated (hypotensive) shock and perform early interventions
• Differentiate between unstable and stable patients with arrhythmias
• Describe clinical characteristics of instability in patients with arrhythmias
• Implement post-cardiac arrest management
This is an in-classroom, American Heart Association instructor-led, course lasting 3.5 to 8 hours depending on student number and experience. Students are
required to take an online pre-course self-ssessment. This is recommended for experienced PALS Providers who have a current PALS Provider certification and need an update. This course is not offered to first time Providers.
Price: $100.00 (Does not include AHA online course cost)
PALS HeartCode® is a blended learning course. The online part takes 6 to 9 hours and the in-classroom part approximately 1.5 to 5 hours depending on student number and experience. It is recommended for healthcare providers who have a current PALS Provider certification needing renewal and desire an alternative to the PALS Renewal Course. This is not offered to first time Providers.
Providers must successfully pass the American Heart Association HeartCode (online) course which includes the written exam. To access and complete the online course click the button below.