This eight hour instructor-led AHA PALS course has been updated to reflect new science in the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines Update for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care. This course uses a series of videos and simulated pediatric emergencies to reinforce the important concepts of a systematic approach to pediatric assessment, basic life support, PALS treatment algorithms, effective resuscitation, and team dynamics. The goal of the PALS course is to improve the quality of care provided to seriously ill or injured children, resulting in improved outcomes.
WHO SHOULD TAKE THE COURSE?
The PALS course is intended for healthcare providers who respond to emergencies in infants and children, including personnel in emergency response, emergency medicine, intensive care, and critical care units, such as physicians, nurses, paramedics, respiratory therapists, pharmacists, and others who need a PALS course completion card for their job or other requirements.
After successfully completing the PALS Course, students should be able to:
• Perform high-quality Child CPR with AED and Infant CPR per AHA BLS recommendations
• Differentiate between patients who do and do not require immediate intervention
• Recognize cardiopulmonary arrest early and begin CPR within 10 seconds
• Apply team dynamics
• Differentiate between respiratory distress and failure and perform early interventions
• Differentiate between compensated and decompensated (hypotensive) shock and perform early interventions
• Differentiate between unstable and stable patients with arrhythmias
• Describe clinical characteristics of instability in patients with arrhythmias
• Implement post-cardiac arrest management
For Experienced Providers BPM offers a rapid renewal option for experienced providers to renew their ACLS certifications. This is the online (Hybrid) option for renewal. First - Providers must successfully
For Experienced Providers BPM offers a rapid renewal option for experienced providers to renew their PALS certifications. This is the online (Hybrid) option for renewal. First - Providers must successfully